The London press conference for Avengers: Age Of Ultron was a hectic affair, as press from the UK and Europe descended on the city to quiz the movie’s stars. Robert Downey Jr, Scarlett Johansson, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Chris Evans, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Paul Bettany and director Joss Whedon assembled to discuss the latest Marvel blockbuster as part of their global promotional blitz – only Thor (Chris Hemsworth) was absent.
One of the big issues with these sorts of events is that you can never tell when someone is going to ask a ridiculous question. There were many of course – but Movies In Focus was in attendance to tell to everything you need to know about what went down.
Ten important things to know:
1. Scarlett Johansson thinks a Black Widow movie would be cool (‘from your lips to Marvel’s big purse’).
2. Paul Bettany loves the box office bonuses and the bags of cash he gets for doing these movies.
3. Joss Whedon writes great cover letters for all his scripts.
4. Robert Downey Jr needs a costume change every 15 minutes. At least that’s his excuse for changing his jacket and sunglasses mid-way through the press conference.
5. Mark Ruffalo says the future of The Hulk is ‘too amazing’ to say out loud.
6. Chris Evans’ dad is his hero
7. Joss Whedon has no ‘immediate plans’ to return to the Marvel Universe – but he’ll ‘never get away from it’.
8. Scarlett Johansson doesn’t believe she’s the sexy Avenger. That role goes to Chris Hemsworth.
9. Robert Downey Jr loves to check himself out in the mirror during costume fittings.
10. Elizabeth Olsen finds it difficult to understand English accents.